May 15, 2006

Bush to Send Up to 6,000 Troops to Border

From the AP via Yahoo! News:

President Bush said Monday night he would order as many as 6,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. border with Mexico and urged Congress to give millions of illegal immigrants a chance at citizenship, as he tried to build support for a major overhaul of the nation's tattered immigration laws.

[...]

He called for enactment of a guest worker program to allow immigrants to take low-paying jobs, and he said employers must be held to account for hiring illegal immigrants. He said that a tamperproof identification card for workers would "leave employers with no excuse" for violating the law.

clickhereforallofit

That was my emphasis on the "allow immigrants to take low-paying jobs" portion of the long article. I read that that and thought, "Aha! Bush is for exploitation of immigrants!", but then I had to catch myself. He didn't say he thought that immigrants should be paid below minimum wage did he? Whew, that was a close one, he can still be the second prophet from God.

I could talk about more of the article but......screw that I'm tired.

No comments: