June 11, 2006

Is Zarqawi's Death Really Such a Victory?

I thought this was a war on terrorism in general (as stupid of a term as that is).Do people really need some big leader like that to show them how to blow shit up? What I'm saying is: Zarqawi may be dead, but do we expect the threat of terrorism to diminish as a result?

No one ever said terrorism will diminish because of Zarqui's death.
-"Fuzzy Muzzy"

Well if his death is seen as a victory in the War on Terrorism, I think that point of view implies an assumption of less or diminished terrorism. I mean, we kill people every day. Just because this guy was a leader, why does it matter if its some sort of moral booster or phychological blow to the enemy? I mean, bin Laden didn't fly the planes himself on 9/11; even if the leaders go down, this kind of enemy isn't going to weaken just because there's one less person to tell them what to blow up and when.

No comments: