October 26, 2004

Ashley Simpson is dumb, and so is her band

I know this is kind of old news by now, but this is my blog and I can post what I want, when I want.

So, Ashley Simpson got caught lip-syncing on Saturday Night Live. Either everyone does it, as I've always figured, or she just really sucks. Even if everyone does do it, she still sucks.

You see, every musical guest on SNL gets to play two songs for the show. Ashley's first song went fine, but on the second one, her stupid band started playing the same song that they had already done! Ashley, who hasn't been performing for very long (she's only famous because of her sister), mouthed the words to the song that they were supposed to be playing while the pre-recorded track was singing the correct words.

HA!

I was pretty sure it has been no big secret that pop stars(such as Brittany Spears) don't sing live anymore because they really don't know how to sing properly and they would lose their voices before one of their million-dollar tours was even halfway finished, but this seems like proof.

When I first heard Ashley Simpson sing on the Late Show(you must keep in mind that I do not listen to mainstream radio), I thought, "What a crappy singer." Now we've seen that she has to lip-sync her own crappy voice! Wow, its a good thing she only got famous because her sister is Jessica Simpson, otherwise this may have been another Milly Vanilly thing.

No comments: